- Coordinating the secretariat function
- Governance Team
- Sydney head office – next to Wynyard station
We are a professional membership body supporting 120 000+ diverse, talented and financially astute members. We employ over 350 people in 14 locations across Australia, New Zealand, UK and Asia. When you join us, you have an opportunity to develop great skills & strong networks and do something different and fresh with your career.
The Governance Team is responsible for coordinating the secretariat function of CA ANZ and the management of CA ANZ’s corporate governance framework. The scope of the Governance Team responsibilities include all CA ANZ businesses including its subsidiaries.
CA ANZ is undertaking a number of significant governance transformation activities. Accordingly, the Governance Team provides both day to day secretariat management including the efficient operation of the board, its committees and management committees as well as project work to support the ongoing development and improvement of the governance function.
- providing secretariat support to the CA ANZ Governance Team to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of CA ANZ’s Governance Framework.
- responsible for the preparation and organisation of all meetings of the CA ANZ Board, Council, their sub-committees, the CA ANZ Annual General Meeting and meetings between the President and the Board Chair with key stakeholders
- assisting with director induction programs where required.
- Provide extensive travel and diary management, as well as the oversight of the President and Vice-Presidents attendance at Member functions.
- Review and action emails where necessary, ensure the effective planning of events and maintain relevant databases, files, spreadsheets, registers and distribution lists.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key governance stakeholders including Directors, CA ANZ Council members, sub-committee members, CA ANZ Executive Team and staff.
- Assist with ensuring all enquiries and communications are responded to and the appropriate people are responded to in a timely manner.
- Act as the key liaison with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Utilise all appropriate communications channels to communicate process changes, policies and procedure requirements.
- recommend and undertake process improvements to create efficiencies across the Governance Team.
Great To have
- 3+ years’ experience supporting C-Suite executives or governance/secretariat teams working with Boards, sub-committees and Executive management
- 6+ years administrative/coordination and/or EA support
- Collaborative and consultative processes at a professional level
- Microsoft Office - advanced
- Board portal software - advanced
- High level of communication, interpersonal and relationship management
- Organised and methodical thinker
- Expense reconciliation and purchase order/invoicing packages
- Expensive IT skills, in particular related to board portal software.
- Written communication and IT skills
- Complex diary management
- Event management expereince
- Qualification in or undertaking further study in Business or Governance Administration
What’s in it for you
At Chartered Accountants ANZ, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the members we serve. As a value driven organisation, we collaborate for success, through integrity and being accountable for ourselves in the role we play to grow and improve as a team. Our benefits include Scholarship program, flexible workplace, staff benefits, monthly gatherings and internal Career development.
*For further details, please refer to the attached Job Description or visit Chartered Accountants ANZ career website https://www.charteredaccountantsanz.com/about-us/what-we-do/work-for-us