- Contract to March 2020
- RSA and Food handling certificate required
- Sydney Head Office - Next to Wynyard Station
We are a professional membership body supporting 120 000+ diverse, talented and financially astute members. We employ over 350 people in 14 locations across Australia, New Zealand, UK and Asia. When you join us, you have an opportunity to develop great skills & strong networks and do something different and fresh with your career.
The Functions Coordinator, based in Sydney in the Member Engagement Team, and reporting to the Functions Specialist, is responsible for the delivery of successful functions for internal and external users of the CA ANZ training and conference centre
- Function Coordination - Ensure the functions rooms are set up to meet stakeholder's specifications for room layout.
- Coordination of in-house facilities for each event, including set up of rooms, furniture, catering and AV. Ensure that orders for catering are in line with event requirements, along with assisting the set up and clean-up of catering.
- Functions Upkeep - Maintain the upkeep of the catering kitchens and storerooms, as well as, managing stock levels
- Assist with other in-house floor kitchen duties
- Responsible Practices - Ensure that alcohol is ordered and served in accordance with the Responsible Service of Alcohol guidelines. Ensure safe practices are followed at all times.
- Relationship Management - Build and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Act as a key liaison point for customers/clients on the day.
- Continue to gather customer information and use it for improvements in products and services.
Great To have
- RSA (Responsible Serving of Alcohol) certificate
- Food handling and safety certificate
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a hospitality/functions/events role
- Exposure to a corporate work environment desirable
- Proficient in using computer systems and software - Basic MS Office
- Proficient in setting up, using and trouble-shooting audio visual equipment
- Ability to deliver with conflicting priorities
- Process improvement and quality assurance
- Ability to work within in a deadline driven multi-tasking environment
What's in it for you
At Chartered Accountants ANZ, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the members we serve. As a value driven organisation, we collaborate for success, through integrity and being accountable for ourselves in the role we play to grow and improve as a team. Our benefits include Scholarship program, flexible workplace, staff benefits, monthly gatherings and internal Career development.
*For further details, please refer to the attached Job Description or visit Chartered Accountants ANZ career website https://www.charteredaccountantsanz.com/about-us/what-we-do/work-for-us